Saturday, February 14, 2015

Round Table: How Do We Love TaNyang

Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy TaNyang-versary!!! (Well, TaNyang thread soompi is currently celebrating its first anniversary, so TaNyang-versary on soompi right now XD). To celebrate what people call Hearts Day, we will do a bit round table talk with soompiers on TaNyang thread. Of course the topic is still related to TaNyang, Empress Ki and how we fall in love with TaNyang.

Without further ado, let’s check this out!

1. How do you start watching Empress Ki? Friend's suggestion, Ha Ji Won/Ji Chang Wook fan, interest in story?
ChelseaS: I started watching Empress Ki right after watching TK2H. I loved Ha Ji Won there and was looking for another drama of hers when I saw Empress Ki. Empress Ki had about 10 episodes when I started

Qwenli: I started watching Empress Ki because the ratings was higher than the other drama I was watching Marry Him If You Dare. I switched channel and saw Ji Chang Wook in his fuchsia pink robe and the rest is history.

MichelleG: I've known Empress Ki since April last year but didn't watch, because the drama is too long for me. But when it aired in the Philippines last Oct., I already fall in love with the pilot episode and started watching it.

Sakura29angel: Not actually excited about it upon hearing that its Ha Ji won's next drama. But i tried to watch the teaser and my curiousity arouse when I saw the scene of Ji Chang Wook and Ha Ji won. I felt their chemistry. Lol. So I watch the 1st episode and 2nd (honestly i got bored with its first epi and i almost dropped the drama until Ji Chang Wook character came and gave funny interactions with Ha Ji won)

Coppersun: Ha Ji Won is my one n only favorite actress, only watch her dramas n movies.I will always wait for her next if not I do my own stuffs.I love to read celebrities’ gossips and keep myself updated.

Namyo: I started watching because of Ha Ji Won, I always thought what an awesome actress. But when I saw the teasers, I was uh, oh... who is that cutie of course not green. And I ask my unnies in Spanish thread and they told me who he was, and thought "Dis gonna be good"

Kanz: I was interested in the story and wanna check it out just for curiosity sake but I couldn't committed to it as I thought no way in hell I can watch 50eps drama. Then Ji Chang Wook was cast and I watch it to support him.

Nploan: When my Mom was watching ep 5 of Empress Ki, I joined her to watch the drama together.

2. When do you fall in love with TaNyang?
ChelseaS: I think right from the beginning, when they met.

Qwenli: Fell in love with Tanyang from the beginning. Never doubt the OTP

MichelleG: I was actually a Wang Yoo shipper from the beginning till episode 8, but since Seung Nyang has more interactions with Ta Hwan, I jump ship :)) I fall in love when Ta Hwan ask Seung Nyang to do the duty of other servant to clean him. Haha. They are so cute! :))

Sakura29angel: I like them during when they're in island, but not shipping them that tym. Because I know they’re not the OTP. But The horse riding and the cave scene gave wondered me that they look like the otp of the drama. I started shipping when Ta Hwan saw Seung Nyang in the palace, the laundry scene. I love how Ta Hwan looks at her.

Namyo: I really don't remember. But I loved the way Ta Hwan teased Seung Nyang with undressing him. Hahaha

Kanz: From the coronation day in ep 1, when Ta Hwan said "she's my everything" my heart already fall in love with Ta Hwan. Ultimately I turned to be TaNyang shippers since their beach horse riding.. their chemistry is fantastic/amazing/unbelievable/explosive!! I love the way Ta Hwan and Seung Nyang look at each other.

Nploan: The cave scene.

3. Pick 3 of your favorite scenes and why!


ChelseaS: Lots of fave scenes, especially the funny and playful moments, but I'll choose without having to think about it much: 1. Hunting scene + I want you scene = Really love their fun moments and this was definitely a fun moment. Also love the BTS here, it looked like our JiJi had fun filming this episode. 2. Cold Palace scene = This was such a lovely moment between the couple. 3. The scene where Seung Nyang revealed that Gen. Ki was her father. It was such an emotional moment and their acting is awesome!

Qwenli: Fave scenes: Petal kiss (simply beautiful), Hunting scene (the otp as fallen in love on screen and bts and same as ChelseaS, the scene in the library, when Ta Hwan try to force a kiss but Seung Nyang revealed she cannot love Ta Hwan because he indirectly killed her father. Ta Hwan was shocked and Seung Nyang had the chance to kill him but didnt and left with tears in her eyes. It was a complex relationship.

MichelleG: Cave Scene - I often visit Youtube just to watch it because, ehem. Skin Ships <3. Rose Petal Kiss Scene Life Saving Kiss) - That was the first kiss of our TaNyang Couple and it saves Seung Nyang from drowning. Oh lala Scene - Of course you know why. :))
Sakura29angel: 1. Underwater rose petal kiss - the most beautiful and romantic scene ive ever seen. 2. Confession scene (library) - I love the angst in this scene. The dialogs and their emotions. Though its a heartbreaking scene for ta hwan , I got the chance to see Nyangs true feelings. That scene, it tells me that she already has feelings for him, her eyes can’t lie. Lol shes denying it. And Ji Chang Wook and Ha Ji won were great in this scene. 3. Their funny and cute moments. And the family scene with ayu.. aww who do you love more? I hate the writer for ruining their family days. Lol
Coppersun: My love for Empress Ki, I personally loves the beach scene n the hunting scene n their royal hunting attires (is it called attires?).i loved every scene of both of them but very dissapointed with the ending.i actually want more intimate scenes since he loves her so deeply. I was blown away by Ji Chang Wook 's acting and of course his good looks, from than on its history. He is favorite now n only!
Namyo: 1. When Ta Hwan had to accused Seung Nyang's dad, I saw their pain because Ta Hwan had found a partner to trust but because of his weakness had to betrayed her. 2. The I will never love you, when Seung Nyang revealed that the man Ta Hwan accused was her dad, when she left her face ws much in pain as his. Babies.... 3. I love you Nyang, I love sincerely. There's no much to say with this because they both said it all.

Kanz: 1. Imperial family scene, Ta Hwan, Seung Nyang and Ayu in a room. In that scene, Ta Hwan also promises to Seung Nyang to make her as empress and Ayu as the crown prince. Such a lovely scene. The scene feels like our wishful thinking for their happiness. 2. Ohlala kiss. I think I’ve never been that crazy waiting for an onscreen couple’s first mutual kiss and consummate night. 3. Beach horse-riding. Beautiful cinematography with charging chemistry. What’s not to love?
Nploan: 1. The horse racing at the beach because it shows the destiny of Seung Nyang and Ta Hwan. When I watched that scene, I knew that they will be destined to be with each other, and Wang Yoo is just a third wheel. The cave scene --> It's funny. 3. The medicine kiss --> It shows that Nyang Yi felt touch and started to fall in love with Ta Hwan.
4. If you can change the ending, how you will change it?

ChelseaS: Would have loved to see more couple moments. There was a time jump of 17 years!!! UGH! I wish they weren't pressed for time that they had to show two versions of the ending. GRRR.

Qwenli: Would have prefer them to show the historical escape to further north and then trying to make a life together with whatever they had, before Ta Hwan died.

MichelleG: The ending is so depressing but I guess it only shows how hard to live in ancient times, so I don't want to change it. I love you has been said and so as the rebroadcast ending is much better than the first so I am okay with it.

Sakura29angel: That I’ll show more happy moments of Paeha and Nyangie, how they raised Ayu. Golta is not the Eagle House leader. Ta Hwan didn’t kill Wang Yoo.

Namyo: Even though Ta Hwan sure heard the I love. It would be awesome to hear it when he was still in good shape.
Coppersun: I guess when rating is low they will add more kissing scenes (my opinion) to attract viewers shipped. Haha. TaNyang couple is forever !!!

Kanz: Ta Hwan won't die. He would have given the antidote/medicine, killed Golta and the traitors and lived happily ever after with Seung Nyang and Ayu till death do them apart.

Nploan: They should let TH live until he becomes old, up to at least 50 years old, and happily ever after with SN.

“Empress Ki” had ended almost 1 year ago, many dramas have replaced it since and many more is currently airing. Even then, our affections seem never faded away for dear couple, TaNyang and the drama itself. As if the joy of TaNyang couple is our joy too... and their sorrow is our sorrow too. That’s how TaNyang affects some parts of our lives...

We hope you enjoy this round table, and please share your memories of falling in love to TaNyang and Empress Ki!

Happy Valentine’s!! ❤❤

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with all tanyang shippers! i cant stop myself from crying everytime i saw the ending! (as in real tears!) ;(( until now, i never stopped shipping them! love you tanyang! you will always be a part of my life *me crying now again ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...